Saturday, February 18, 2006

 

Bronze A Tale of Terror

Bronze a Tale of Terror by Kit Reid.

Bronze was a gift to me from someone who knew I had enjoyed Thinner Than Thou. Bronze is a very different story. I am not fond of horror stories in books or on film, they are just too scary for me.

This story reminded me, just a little, of Madeliene L'Engle's book "The Other Side of the Sun".

Jude Atkins impulsively travels to South Carolina to surprise her new boyfriend. She stumbles onto the family of famous and strange sculptors that he is trying to separate from. What power does his stepmother hold over the family and what horror does the plantation hide.

Suffice to say that it is horrific and not gory but icky and disturbing.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?