Monday, July 12, 2004

 

The Dark is Rising Sequence by Susan Cooper

Ok, I read the rest of the sequence. Earlier this Summer I read the first book Over Sea, Under Stone and I didn't care much for it (see the review below). However, I bought the box set as a gift and read the whole thing before giving it away (it's allright, the giftee and I have an understanding about books - she reads everything she buys for me before she wraps it as well).

I must admit that the series improves.

The Dark is Rising, Greenwitch, The Grey King, and Silver on the Tree history, time travel, Welsh tales, and the classic struggle of good and evil into a set of progressively engrossing incidents. I still don't care for the Drew children and I think they are the least developed of all the characters.

The box set says that these are "Teen Fantasy" but the giftee (now 12) and her younger sister (9) both understood and enjoyed the series.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?