Sunday, July 18, 2004

 

Slaves to the Mastery by William Nicholson

Slaves of the Mastery is the 2nd in the Wind on Fire series by William Nicholson. I didn't like the first book in the series very much but I'm glad I found this book on sale at Vertigo bookstore. The flaws I saw in the earlier book were gone from this story.

Amaranth has been plundered and its people taken as slaves for the Mastery. The Hath family, except for Kestrel, are among the slaves. Kestrel follows them. Taking responsibility for our freedom and the sapping cost of giving up freedom for security are themes.

I recommended this to a 12 year old girl to whom I did not recommend the Wind Singer (though she read it anyway) and to a 14 year old boy. I think the set of three would make a nice addition to a middle school library.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?