Monday, July 12, 2004

 

Two more by Dick Francis

Blood Sport and Hot Money by Dick Francis. There are a couple of reasons that I reread Dick Francis' books every year: 1)they are a fun, light read 2)I like the characters and interesting information 3)At some point every year I run out of new books to read and there is this shelf of mysteries just waiting for me. Luckily for you and me, my friend Colleen gifted me with two shopping bags full of books last Saturday so that I can now let the Dick Francis books trickle along instead of reading 1-2 a day.

Have I mentioned that I must read every day or I feel unsettled?

Hot Money is about wealth management and extended family management (sometimes they intersect). There is intersting information about the buying and selling of gold. Blood Sport is about the kind of depression that frags a person down until a vacation alone starts looking like an easy time to suicide and how adrenaline and the development of personal relationships can help to loosen the death grip of the depression. This is one of Dick Francis' darker books and (sigh) one of his more dated books because of the greater use of colour, fashion, and interior decoration detail.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?