Saturday, August 21, 2004

 

Hunting Season by Nevada Barr

Hunting Season is an Anna Pigeon novel. Anna Pigeon is a park ranger on the Natchez Trace. Her life is complicated by her relationship with a married (though long separated) priest/sheriff and her position at work in charge of two men who have been in the office longer than she. Things really start twisting when a large man in his underwear is found dead in a historic landmark house on Park property. The whys and hows are interesting but Anna has a bigger problem, someone seems to be hunting her.

I don't really care for Anna as a person. I'm not drawn into her relationships and I spent more time thinking about the futures and pasts of other characters. A blurb on the book cover said there was a surprising twist but I thought the villain was well telegraphed.

My Mom gave this book to me and I passed it on to my sister who will read anything. She says she's read several other Anna Pigeon books.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?