Friday, October 22, 2004

 

Gourmet Meals in Minutes from the Culinary Institute of America

I haven't read the entire book nor have I made all the recipes (some I will never make) but Gourmet Meals in Minutes is a good recipe book. I like that they have recipes for boneless chicken thighs as well as breasts and that they have main and side dishes as well as desserts. "In minutes" pretty much means in under 1 hour with prep time included. That's not too bad! They do assume a level of pantry stocking that I do not generally keep but since I generally want to cook in 30-60 minutes I can plan my shopping around a few recipes.

We especially liked: Tomatilla Salsa, Fiwery Fruit Salsa, Salad of Crab and Avocado, Soba Noodle Salad (I'm pretty sure I twitched this recipe but I forgot to note hwhat I changed), Grilled Chicken Caesar Salad, Stir-Fry Citrus Beef, Moroccan Lemon Chicken, Lemon-Ginger Grilled Chicken (this is now a regular on our dinner table), Pesto Stuffed Chicken Breasts, Walnut Chicken, Oven Roasted Potatoes, and Coconut Rice with Ginger.

The only problem I had with a recipe was the couscous. 2 Tablespoons of salt are too much and I thought even 1 tablespoon was too salty. There were three veal recipes which I will just skip.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?