Monday, November 29, 2004

 

American Psycho by Bret Easton Ellis

An aborted book reading. I tried to read this book, I really tried. I've read plenty of books about psychopaths and blood and gore doesn't really bother me too much so that was not the problem. I just could not wade through the interminable listings of all the designer clothes and goods. Paragraph after paragraph describing what each person in the room (or the bar) was wearing and then the corrections of names and designers wore me down. When I realized I was reading by scanning through the name dropping looking for something substantial, I put the book down. I can't face wading through that fluff looking for structure. Unless someone wants to tell me that the plot/story become more interesting>?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?