Monday, November 08, 2004

 

The Day I Swapped My Dad For Two Goldfish by Neil Gaiman and Dave McKean

The Day I Swapped My Dad For Two Goldfish written by Neil Gaiman and illustrated by Dave McKean tells the journey of a dad swapped around town by a string of children (he's not very exciting). As one of my children pointed out "That Dad wasn't very involved. He just let them swap him and didn't do or say anything!" True, there is much more interaction between children. Even the mother and a passing police officer have more to say than Dad.

I bought the edition that came with a cd of Neil Gaiman reading the story. His voice is lighter and younger than I expected. We listened to the cd in the car for THREE DAYS. Then I took it out of the car and limited us to reading the story ourselved for at least a week. The book and cd went to school (1st-3rd grade classroom) and were a big hit. I'm told that after a group reading the cd player and headphones were booked all afternoon.


Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?