Tuesday, December 07, 2004

 

Lord John and the Private Matter by Diana Gabaldon

What can I say about Lord John and the Private Matter by Diana Gabaldon? The good news (at least for me) was that there was no sign of the author's nipple fixation and this is not a Jamie and Claire Frasier book.

Lord John Grey is a homosexual. He is tangled in two matters: his cousin's fiancee has a STD and vital military secrets have been stolen. Both matters require tact and subtlety and there is a little of each employed as Lord John tracks the missing documents while trying to figure out how to bring up the indelicate subject with his soon to be inlaw. There is much blood and savagery and several trips to brothels.

I was sure I'd never read another of Diana Gabaldon's books and now I'm really sure and not just because of the use of the word connexion.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?