Monday, May 16, 2005

 

What book does create passion and intense interest in me?

I love the writing of Elizabeth Moon. The characters and story lines more than make up for my lack of interest in the military strategy in many of her books. I think I first read The Deed of Paksenarrion when I was just out of college (some 20 years ago) when I had to track down each book separately and I've been hooked ever since. The Herris Serrano books are some of my favorites and I reread them at least yearly; I was very happy to be able to introduce them to my favorite 13 year old. Elizabeth Moon's female characters are complex and strong; even their weaknesses are real and human...not gender based. Yay!

I'm currently reading, but making last as long as possible, The Speed of Dark.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?