Tuesday, January 25, 2011

 

Feed by Mira Grant

I'm not a big zombie fan and I thought a book about blogging and zombies might be boring. Frankly, I scanned over large parts of World War Z because I want more flow and less statistics. Feed was GREAT! I really bought into the world she has built and her zombie timeline. The characters were fun, cynical, focused, and cracked (in what could be flaws but are for now personality highlights). The immediacy of the blogs and the braid of action, editorial, and prose work together to satisfy. The main character set is small enough to feel that I know them but the additional characters are not paperdolls and are sufficiently fleshed out to register as meaningful.

Does this all sound vague and goopy? It's not that kind of book at all and my opinions are strong. I recommend this book. The characters and plot are strong. I think the world is good enough to support more books even if not about these characters.

Oh, I forgot...Georgia and Shaun Mason and their co-blogger Buffy are chosen to blog the campaign of a rising presidential candidate. As they travel and see the inside of the campaign, unslantingly reporting the truth, their cynacism starts to become hope. Then Georgia and Mason start to see signs of a deeper problem. Is someone targeting the candidate using zombies? Is one of the conspiracy theories about zombies actually true? When the danger is turned on Georgia and Mason, it looks like they are close to the truth.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?