Monday, February 17, 2014

 

Dead of Night by Charlaine Harris and Amanda Stevens

I've never seen True Blood but I love the Sookie Stackhouse books by Charlaine Harris; they are goofy, sexy, light reading (even when sad). Generally I like Charlaine Harris' writing though the Lily Bard and Aurora Teagarden books were blah for me.  Dead of Night contains 2 stories; one story is by Charlaine Harris and set in the same world as Sookie Stackhouse. In Dancers in the Dark, dancer Layla is in hiding from her past. Her new job is dancing paired with a 300 year old vampire. Lust, love, power, and justice find their ways though the story. I'd like to see more of these same world stories! The second story The Devil's Footprints is a creepy and suspenseful story of ongoing violence in a small town. Sarah tries to escape her dark history in the small town by living in New Orleans but horror finds her there.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?