Monday, February 17, 2014

 

Pigtopia by Kitty Fitzpatrick

I didn't like Pigtopia; I didn't finish it. It wasn't that bad but there is so much that is better to read that I couldn't find the time to waste finishing the book. It was pretty horrific with guts, meanness, abuse, blood, and more meanness. I read about 2/3s, put it down to go to bed, and left it there for a month. Jack is an adult body deformed since he was young; his mind is that of a much younger boy. Hiding and hidden by his mother for most of his life, Jack has a hidden life with his herd of pigs under the house but he hopes to make positive connections with other people. He begins a friendship with a young woman, Holly, and she tries to support him when his life starts to get even worse. Is this a Frankenstein like story as the cover suggested? I did see innocence and horror but I couldn't get to the characters through the horror.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?